We currently work with the Royal Charity Organization to support over 5,000 orphaned children in Bahrain.
The Royal Charity Organization was established by M King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifa on July, 14, 2001 for the purpose of caring for Bahraini orphans. In November, 4, 2001, another Royal Decree was issued by HM for the organization to begin providing care for widows also.
The Mission of the Royal Charity Organization:
– Sponsoring widows and orphans and caring for the elderly and those with special needs.
– Providing Social, Health and Educational Care, and helping mitigate the cost of living for needy families.
– Contributing in setting up and developing social and charity projects, such as orphanages, child care and disabled centres, centres for the elderly, kindergartens, rehabilitation for families in need, and health rehabilitation centres.
– Contributing to sustainable long term development, for example: setting up small and medium sized projects; and specifying plots of lands for social and charitable projects; and coordinating with Government organisations to carry out programmes and projects in this respect.
– Carrying out any other directives that are made by His Majesty, the Honorary President of the Organisation, and / or carrying out duties that are ratified by the Council of Trustees.